California Collaborative on the Social & Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
Excerpt from the 2012 Updated CA CSEFEL Vision Statement
California envisions an integrated system, connecting early childhood programs, including state and federally funded programs, with trainers versed in the Teaching Pyramid conceptual framework for promoting social and emotional competence in infants and young children. The Teaching Pyramid , adapted by California from the National Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (National CSEFEL), maximizes collaboration to enhance linkages and methods for local agencies to deliver services and to connect families to appropriate interventions, including children's mental health, Early Start, special education, and medical services.
The state's Collaborative on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (California CSEFEL) project leadership team includes many state agencies and their training partners. All work together to promote the Teaching Pyramid framework, resolve state-level barriers, infuse information into various professional development systems based on a common approach, and facilitate access to necessary interventions at the local level.
About CA CSEFEL
- California Inclusion & Behavior Consultation Brochure
- Infant Mental Health and Early Care and Education Providers
- Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation
- Center on the Social Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL)
- Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention (TACSEI)
- CA CSEFEL Community of Practice